[3830] SS CW K6ZH Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6zh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K6ZH Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2023 05:36:31 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K6ZH
Operator(s): K6ZH
Station: K6ZH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SDG

  160:    0

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Well, dang it!  I had "high hopes" for this year's SS as SOLP from
SDG.  I entered this category last year as kind of an homage to Paul WN6K who
was a consistent winner in this slot.  Eric NC6K beat me out last year.  But I
decided to give it another try.

I made a few strategic errors, i.e. starting on 10m instead of 15m.  I went to
bed on Sat. night needing NNY, MB, PR, and NL.  On Sunday morning, I got NNY and
MB fairly quickly.  I had heard NP4Z on Sat. evening but no chance to crack the
pileup.  No other KP4s heard.  I heard VO1BQ on Sun. afternoon, but same
situation, and then condx changed.  Oh well.  I DO like to get the Clean Sweep
coffee cups, even though my loving wife Joan N6KIM is less enamored with them!

I'm kinda bummed, but at least the equipment worked all OK.  The Op??  Not so
sure...

73 - Jim K6ZH