[3830] SS CW N0KIS Single Op Limited-Ant QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N0KIS Single Op Limited-Ant QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2023 23:37:01 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2023

Call: N0KIS
Operator(s): N0KIS
Station: N0KIS

Class: Single Op QRP
Class Overlay: Limited-Ant
QTH: Missouri
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

Total:  20  Sections = 13  Total Score = 520

This contest weekend had really nice weather for a portable operation.
Temperature was 70 Deg F on both days of the contest.  I operated from a nearby
park using a ground-mounted vertical (29 feet tall with 12 15-foot long radials)
and the Icom IC-703+ set to 5 watts.  I engaged the 18 dB receive attenuator and
focused my operation to working stations that were strong enough to give a good
S-meter indication.  My CW working speed is rather slow; around 15 wpm.  I would
listen to the stations for many of their contacts to get comfortable with their
contact information before I called them.  All the operators I made contact with
slowed down to my speed.  Thank you very much for being so considerate.  10
meters was in good shape on Saturday, so that is where I started the contest.
When I arrived at the park on Sunday 10 meters was noisy and not really open, so
I moved my operation to 15 meters.  I stayed on 15 meters for the rest of my
time in the contest.  72 to all.