[3830] SS CW VE7XF SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW VE7XF SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2023 23:26:39 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2023

Call: VE7XF
Operator(s): VE7XF
Station: VE7XF

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Comox

  160:    0
   80:    7

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

The eternal quest for the SS mug! At first, I thought it would be easy (Sat.),
and then impossible, when I got on Sunday morning. Man, what a difference!
I QRT on Sat. night with 81 sections in the log :-). Sunday would be a piece of
cake. Well!! NL (the toughest and farthest away) was spotted Sun morning, but
not heard. Lots of AU on many sigs. 10m was dead. This doesn't look good.
Lots of serious S&P and running, hoping to attract the remaining 4
sections.
Finally, BS&T mixed with some S&P produced the following:
    #82 SC KE4SC at 1654z.
    #83 SB W6TK  at 2204z
    #84 NL VO2AC at 2245z.
    #85 PR NP3Y  at 0024z, not spotted, tnx to my S&P skills.
Time for a single-malt celebration.
So - another mug for the collection. Coffee anyone?

Ralph, VE7XF
K-line, 500w, 20m EDZ and a 160m vertical in the trees.