[3830] SS CW KT4XA(@NV4B) Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt4xa@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW KT4XA(@NV4B) Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2023 22:41:38 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2023

Call: KT4XA
Operator(s): NV4B K4CNY
Station: NV4B

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 15:40

   80:    4

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

We missed VI, SB, and ONN for the sweep.

We had a middling run for two hours at the start on 20, then went to 10 & 15
too late to pick up a rate or many mults.  As we lost more and more ground on
the scoreboard, and as I struggled after a very long day from having attended
the Stone Mountain Hamfest and driven 4 1/2 hours home, we called it quits early
Saturday night and were resigned to a noncompetitive part-time effort.  However,
20m conditions were phenomenal Sunday with almost no skip zone -- so much so
that we neglected 40 and barely made a showing at all on 80.  Our best hours
were 17-19Z on Sunday on 20m with a 193-QSO run.  Although run rates dropped
toward the end, we had no trouble finding fresh meat S&P and via Cluster
spots until the contest ended, and we ended up with more QSOs and points in 15
hours than we made last year in 19 hours.

It is nice to work more and more stations with checks in the 90s, 00s, and
beyond (our check of 21 is the first year of the club call -- our individual
checks are 96 and 11).  We worked two non-club stations with checks of 21 and
one of 23!  Thankfully, it seems POTA is driving a lot of new hams to CW and
helping keep participation up in the CW contests while it continues to fall in
phone 'tests.