[3830] SS CW AA4TI SO Unlimited Limited-Ant HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, swmorton50@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW AA4TI SO Unlimited Limited-Ant HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2023 14:46:10 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2023

Call: AA4TI
Operator(s): AA4TI
Station: AA4TI

Class: SO Unlimited HP
Class Overlay: Limited-Ant
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 13:40

  160:    0

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

I usually work SS with the hope of getting a Clean Sweep.  There are enough Big
Guns in WCF vying for the big score that us folks with limited power and antenna
systems cannot compete effectively.  I did manage to get the Clean Sweep this
year with some spotting assistance but added a whole lot of BIC time spinning
the big knob on the radio looking for mults.  Along the way I worked a lot of
insurance contacts since this contest has a higher than typical error rate on
both sides of the contact.  Whenever I started to get bored, I worked a handful
of stations to keep the contest interesting and break up the boredom.  This
year, I did not bother to make any runs, and kept the activity strictly S and P.
 It was a lot of fun, and propagation was quite good.  TER and AK were booming
in early in the contest and were both easy to work.  Most of the semi rare
sections got into the log early.  Surprisingly, SB and PAC were more of a
challenge.  When I heard both of these sections, they were quite easy to work,
but my timing must have been off since I did not hear either of these sections
until mid afternoon on Sunday.  Sweepstakes is always a great contest and the
lengthy exchange sets it apart from other contests where you only need to copy
the call and state correctly.  This year, there was great participation from
nearly every section and propagation was superb overall.  Using the Icom 7610
that I won at the Florida Contest Group dinner earlier this year, was a very
satisfying experience.  I cannot recommend this radio enough.