[3830] SS CW W8FN Single Op Limited-Ant HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8fn@windstream.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW W8FN Single Op Limited-Ant HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2023 14:44:47 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2023

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: Single Op HP
Class Overlay: Limited-Ant
QTH: North Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 23:15

   10:    2

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

This year's SS CW ended up being a punishing endurance event, at least at my
QTH. I had hoped to finally be able to break the 1000 QSO barrier, but it seemed
conditions were against me.

Since I'm currently limited to just low dipoles on 20 through 10, I'm dependent
on doing well on 80 and 40. 80 meters didn't seem to be nearly as productive as
last year, which made things difficult. 40 was good, but it seemed harder to get
a decent run going there this year as well. After the first hour or so, I went
to SO2R mode and spent the entire contest working both radios as hard as I
could.

I ended up just shy of both the 900 QSO mark and the 150,000 point mark, but I
felt pretty satisfied that I'd done the best I could given conditions and
station limitations. Next year I'll have a real antenna for the high bands and
expect to do much better.

I'll do a much less ambitious operation for SS SSB. See everyone there in two
weeks.

73...
Randy, W8FN

Station Info:
Radio 1 -- K4D / KPA500
Radio 2 -- K3S / KPA500

80 & 40 meter antenna -- dual band fan dipole at approx. 50 ft.
20-10 antenna -- triband cage dipole at approx. 25 ft.