[3830] SS CW VY2TT(K6LA) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW VY2TT(K6LA) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2023 14:36:36 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2023

Call: VY2TT
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: VY2TT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: PE
Operating Time (hrs): 23.7
OpMode: SO2R

   10:    8

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

The first hour was CW Sweepstakes nirvana, despite my initial error of starting
on 20 meters. After 15 minutes, I realized 15 was the place to be. I hit an
amazing rhythm with just a handful of stations calling. Two QSOs a minute, with
a third in the log every  four or five minutes. From all over the country. At
21:55, N2IC called in for my QSO 118. I knew I was going to break my all time
hourly rate in this contest at 121. N2IC gives me #128, which is where I ended
the hour. I can't imagine doing better and I'm down 10.

The Sunday doldrums set in about 6 hours into the contest and never went away. I
tuned and tuned the 2nd radio, but virtually everyone I found I worked already.
It was painful. I finished down 160 QSOs from last year.

I did get a sweep this year. VY2WW gave me #1 Sunday early. KL7SB called in
2210Z Sunday for the Sweep.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT