[3830] SS CW KX9X SO Unlimited QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kx9x@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW KX9X SO Unlimited QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2023 14:27:50 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2023

Call: KX9X
Operator(s): KX9X
Station: KX9X

Class: SO Unlimited QRP
QTH: IL

Icom 7300 (turned down to 5w), EFHW for 10-80m at 50', 10m Moxon @ 25'. No
SO2R.

A rough weekend. The solar storm really wiped us all out, but was especially
tough on us QRPers. 10m was great on Saturday, and helped me knock off all W6/W7
mults by 9pm Saturday for the first time ever as a QRPer. Sunday was a different
story.

Sunday was just brutal. Nobody was answering my CQs; I'm used to being able to
hold a freq and have a modest run here and there until a bigger station takes
the freq... that never happened. Sunday was 99% S&P, with my highest rate
being 19/hour. Not pretty. I almost threw in the towel several times.

Heard 84/85 sections. Missed VI, NL, ONN and QC. This is the third time as a
QRPer I've missed QC in SSCW. Never heard ONN.

SSCW is my favorite contest as a QRPer, but this year was definitely a Sisyphean
struggle. Still, if I'm lucky, I may hold on for the Division win this year.

Big congrats to N0AX and W2GD for the 15-round battle in SOUQRP. Ward is
currently ahead by ONE QSO. Can't wait for the adjudication on that one.

Let's hope the sun cooperates for SSB in a couple weeks.

Sean KX9X