[3830] SS CW KK0U SO Unlimited QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW KK0U SO Unlimited QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2023 12:34:39 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2023

Call: KK0U
Operator(s): KK0U
Station: KK0U

Class: SO Unlimited QRP
QTH: MO

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

BIG THANKS to Jeff N0MII, who came up to the farm to help me get my Extended
Lazy H back up in the air Saturday morning.  Without his launcher and muscle, I
wouldn't have been able to get on the air. Good thing I was in the assisted
category, as I needed it.  Tip o' the hat, and a promise of some home brew!

Ah, Sweepstakes -- the great Fall Classic!  I had as much fun as I could, but my
back rebelled against me by Sunday afternoon, so I pulled the plug.  Better to
pull the plug early and keep it fun than be miserable.

Biggest highlight was my second Clean Sweep in a row!  Wewt!  Thanks to all the
Ex-Mariners (heh) who got on to represent their separate sections.  I was a bit
surprised at how many I worked very early in the contest.  The last one in the
bag was NL on Sunday.

As always, great fun!  Lots of really solid QRP signals on the bands as well,
which is a good sign for propagation.  The QRP Unlimited category was quite the
horse race, and it looks like Ward N0AX edged out John W2GD by *one wee QSO*.
Log checking will certainly tell that tale on that race!  Congrats to both of
them 800 QRP QSOs is no mean feat.

KX2/KX3 at 5W, 60' wide Extended Lazy H up 60', DXLog and me.

73, Jim KK0U