[3830] SS CW K7QA SO Unlimited QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7qa@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K7QA SO Unlimited QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2023 04:59:23 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K7QA
Operator(s): K7QA
Station: K7QA

Class: SO Unlimited QRP
QTH: MT

Club: Big Sky Contesters

Comments:

Decided to try QRP with all the high bands sounding stellar at the start. But by
0600Z Sunday, the CME appeared and then took over. Good thing I slept in for
Sunday. What a slog fighting K at 7 until late Sunday afternoon. QRP in those
conditions certainly tests patience waiting for an opening to crack the rare
mult pileups. I have great respect and admiration for the QRP regulars who make
this mode a fine art of knowing when to strike.

Was able to run quite a bit on open freqs, mostly higher up in the bands. Had 83
sects before bedtime. Got lucky having VE2FK call in with QC and catching VE6BBP
on 20m scatter and VA6RCN on 40m for the sweep. Lots of short skip action on all
the high bands.

Rig:  IC-7610 SkyHooks: 13 ele HB Triband yagi  2 ele HB 40m yagi
5 ele HB 6m yagi  2 tower DA shunt fed 80m & 160m. Rx ants: 3 el Hi-Z, 160m
& 40m fw H-loops, K9AY Loop, 465ft NE/SW Beverage, 350ft NW/SE Beverage (Low
beverages still down. Details on QRZ.com