[3830] SS CW VY0ERC Multi-Op Limited-Ant HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pierre.fogal@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW VY0ERC Multi-Op Limited-Ant HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2023 04:10:40 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2023

Call: VY0ERC
Operator(s): VE3KTB VE1RUS
Station: VY0ERC

Class: Multi-Op HP
Class Overlay: Limited-Ant
QTH: TER
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

We were pretty much doomed from the start.  Got caught out by the change in
section name for the first few contacts, and though we thought it was fixed we
hadn't fixed it everywhere.  Conditions were never great, but for about 18 hours
in the middle it was a complete blackout at 80 degrees north. With 90 minutes
left we could make some contacts but most of the stations we called did not hear
us. To make it even worse, the local weather beat up the antennas again.