[3830] SS CW K9CT Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K9CT Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2023 03:42:18 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW - 2023

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5
OpMode: SO2R

  160:    0

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

This was a very interesting contest. I just could not get any runs going as 10
and 15 were over my head at the start. Quickly it became a 40 and 20 contest
with 80 later in the evening and a few minutes in the morning hours. Propagation
dictated the results as the bands were definitely affected overnight. At midday
Saturday, I thought the bands were really suppressed. In a few hours, there was
a recovery of sorts but I think many casual operators had better things to do.

I really appreciate the operators that get on for a few contacts as they make
the bulk of the QSOs. There are not many operators that take in the entire 24
hours.

Anyhow, it was still great fun with many of the usual CW friends on the bands.
It would be interesting to compare activity from this year to past contests. I
felt like there was less this year but that may be the normal Sunday doldrums
affecting my thinking.

Thanks for the QSOs and see you next time.

73, Craig K9CT