[3830] CQWW SSB IR2Q(IK2PFL) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB IR2Q(IK2PFL) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2023 16:28:29 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: IR2Q
Operator(s): IK2PFL
Station: IR2Q

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 45
OpMode: SO2R

  160:  181    10       42
   80:  566    11       56
   40:  650    24       80
   20: 1427    32      110
   15: 1458    33      102
   10: 1489    33      102
------------------------------

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

First I'd like to thank everyone for calling in.
This has been another fantastic radio weekend, with a LOT of
preparation behind. I am happy everything in the shack and
antennas worked flawlessly.
Propagation has been up and down.
Looking at the days and weeks before the contest I hoped
better, but nothing to complain at the end, 10&15m stayed
opened a long time after the sunset:)
Openings on 10m were very spotty, particular with USA
until nearly the sunset, stations arrived in clusters,
some minutes with strong and increasing signals falling
in few minutes into the noise floor and then increasing
again... and so on for hours, signals became strong and stable
after the sunset.
Not much from USA west coast and what arrived had poor
signals with some exceptions as always :)
Nice openings on 20m with pacific areas and caribbean
before my sunrise both days.
Nice to see a lot of JA, YB, BY and South America stations
calling in.
Life on low bands has been very hard. Frustration in SSB
crowded contests is the rule rather than a bad surprise.
In these conditions I missed CW a lot.
CU in the next one.
73s Luca IK2PFL