[3830] CQWW SSB EA8RM SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ea8cac@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB EA8RM SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2023 03:24:47 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: EA8RM
Operator(s): EA8RM
Station: EA8RM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: LAS PALMAS
Operating Time (hrs): 43:25
OpMode: SO2R

  160:   69     9       35
   80:  199    12       49
   40:  729    21       67
   20: 1596    26       79
   15: 2276    33      104
   10: 4009    33      101
------------------------------

Club: EA Contest Club

Comments:

Pre-Halloween contest.

Nothing worked as expected. I had high expectations with actual propagations
conditions but several issues from the very first minute made me start late
and  then QRT a few times for a while, after 1h50m from the beginning I lost
radio1 for more than 8h hours.  Saturday morning EA8KR came to the station and
repaired the bigger issue (switching) while I connected a 10m antenna
directly to the amp and kept working for 1h in that way till EA8KR made his
magic.  At that time I was very disappointed and well below my target, the
competition was over for me.
Great conditions in the bands. Funny runs on 10 and 15m. 40m was a total
nightmare, 9+40 huge splatters in all the band from the very well known
ham-broadcasting stations from EU made it impossible to keep a workable
frequency. Even using BVs to NA, the European splatters were much stronger. On
the first night after 20min calling CQ only 2 stations worked (5x40 to EU +
3x40 to NA)  Awesome!!!.  A useless band in SSB.

Many thanks to my local friends for the help with antennas, you are fantastic
guys. (EA8AH, EA4BQ, EA8DHC, EA8DP, EA8KR).

Congratulations to Mannu for a great result from 6Y1V.
73 de EA8RM