[3830] CQWW SSB VE6SV M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gord.kosmenko@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE6SV M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 17:54:46 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: VE6SV
Operator(s): VA6BGE VE6NRO VE6TL VE6RST
Station: VE6SV

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Alberta

  160:   10     3        2
   80:  162    12       23
   40:  539    21       38
   20:  455    28       97
   15: 1468    35      100
   10:  252    23       54
------------------------------

One of these years the propogation will not be distributed, one of these years.
With high K and A indices paths over and around the pole are very much
squelched. Yet, signals "get in" but we do not get out. On 40M many
European stations at S7 and above and we do not even get a "QRZ".

At our QTH 10M was not happening coupled to some SWR issues with our main large
10M yagi.The run station amp failed 10 hours into the contest, that did not
help.

This was the 26th year paricipating in CQWW DX SSB from my current QTH so
station equipment is aging. But, there is couple more efforts yet and some
replacement/refurburishment plans that will happen before the CW event.

This year was a first to have a YL on the team, new to DX contesting, VE6NRO
caught on to the game quite well.

All in all its better to have been in this great contest than not at all.

73, Team VE6SV