[3830] CQWW SSB W2LCQ SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2lcq@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W2LCQ SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2023 16:58:24 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: W2LCQ
Operator(s): W2LCQ
Station: W2LCQ

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: NYC-LI

   40:   24     6       16
   20:   56    10       31
   15:   14     6       13
   10:   16     4       13
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions were excellent. Digging out SSB stations one at a time was difficult
but if I could hear the station I could work him. Worked the FRC teams at V26B
and PJ4K. Other notable QSOs with UB7, SV, Zf1A on 4 bands. My  antenna points
to EU so working those stations was "easy." With 100 watts and a 22 ft
end fed wire one must be very patient and skillful. I tuned stations to the high
side and called stations when I heard the "thanks" and not waiting for
the CQ call.  A few times I was answered number 1 in the pileup. SSB for me is
an interesting optional activity. I for one could not imagine building a ham
career around it although I appreciate and respect the SSB afficionados I know.
CW contesting is the pinnacle of ham radio operating skill and ability in my
opinion.

Icom 7300 100 watts out
Antenna 22  foot long end fed #22 gauge magnet wire out the kitchen window up 30
feet in a sidewalk tree pointed 53 deg
Begali Contour paddle
Dell 78400 laptop Windows 10/N1MM+