[3830] CQWW SSB VY0ERC M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pierre.fogal@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VY0ERC M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 14:48:08 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: VY0ERC
Operator(s): VE1RUS VE3KTB
Station: VY0ERC

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NU
Operating Time (hrs): 35.5

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:  264    20       69
   20:  850    30       96
   15:  524    23       61
   10:   41     8       11
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Well, that was a lot of fun!  The build up to the contest was very busy.  On
Tuesday the TS-480 was repaired after a wolf had literally pulled the antenna
coax stub out of the radio.  A new to us amp arrived on a charter flight
Wednesday, the Spiderbeam assembly was started Thursday and finished Friday, and
the 40m 4 square was finished Saturday afternoon.  This resulted in our best
ever result from 80N in terms of qsos, bands, mults, and points.  Score adds up
nicely when you can access more than 20m reliably!  Most years, with elevated A
and K indices we would have been mostly screaming at the ether, but sunspots are
a really good thing even up here.  A lot of fun handing out Zone 2, although I
gather there were at least two other zone 2 stations out there.  Missed zones
22,32,34,and 38 and worked 110 countries. Missed out much of the South Pacific
but was called by T2C.  Heard later that we were strong in VK, but we couldn't
hear them.  Thanks everyone for all the q's and all the nice messages of
support.

And, as proof that for once the contest gods were smiling on us, the Spiderbeam
suffered greatly during the night AFTER the contest was over. The challenges
never end!

73 de VE3KTB and VE1RUS