[3830] CQWW SSB IP3A(IK3QAR) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ik3qar@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB IP3A(IK3QAR) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 11:05:25 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: IP3A
Operator(s): IK3QAR
Station: IQ3KU

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Villa Paltan
Operating Time (hrs): 46
OpMode: SO2R

  160:   87     5       45
   80:  437    12       70
   40:  603    26       97
   20: 1136    34      120
   15: 1271    36      127
   10: 1305    37      136
------------------------------

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

First experience for me as a SO in a 48h contest, and also my first SO2R in
SSB... quite a challenge!
For such reasons, and not having a "big gun" station, I've decided to
take it easy and made no plans at all. The only plan was to have fun and see
what happen.

I didn't know how I would have reacted to such a long no-rest period, so I
decided beforehand to stop a couple of hours for a nap, to avoid excessive
tiredness on Sunday during peak times. In the end I think it's been a wise
decision, I've never felt tired during the whole contest.

Amazing conditions on Saturday, much worse on Sunday when high bands become
unproductive earlier, forcing me to move to low bands (in which I have very
basic antennas) with many hours ahead in che contest. In that moment I started
to think to quit... glad I didn't.

Working conditions:

2x FTdx3000
Acom 1000 + SPE 1.5