[3830] CQWW SSB VO2AC SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VO2AC SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2023 02:01:03 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: VO2AC
Operator(s): VO2AC
Station: VO2AC

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 35
Remote Operation

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   85     9       20
   40:  259    12       45
   20:  376    20       72
   15:  606    19       79
   10:  621    22       86
------------------------------

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Remote: TS-590, KPA500, HF9V (with 160m coil), MA5B at 20ft (~6m)

Only my second time entering this category from VO2 and I nearly doubled my
score from 2021.  I had another commitment Saturday evening and missed 6.5 hours
from ~2300 to ~0530, plus the 3.25 hours I slept both night, otherwise I think I
would have been well over 2M.

The KPA500 kicks offline, even with the KAT500, when using the MA5B on 15m and
20m, so I was only able to use it on 10m.  Even then, I'm not sure it's much
better that the HF9V, considering I worked E5, KH6, and ZL7 with it pointed
south :=)  The remaining Qs on the other bands were with the HF9V.  I didn't
even bother trying 160m, but will give it a shot in the CW leg.

I found condx better on Saturday than Sunday, and glad I spent so much time on
10m on Saturday.  10m just didn't want to open to EU on Sunday as well as it did
on Saturday.

By my count, there were at least 7 Zone 2 stations on the air, from all 3 call
areas.

Thanks for the Qs!

73,

Chris VO2AC / VE3FU