[3830] CQWW SSB KB3VQC(@WA3EKL) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, alanbhof@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KB3VQC(@WA3EKL) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 16:22:05 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: KB3VQC
Operator(s): KB3VQC K0OO KC3VBH KC3WNF W1TRT N3DPB WA3EKL
Station: WA3EKL

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Severn, MD
Operating Time (hrs): 44:37

  160:   33     9       17
   80:   95    12       43
   40:  132    21       67
   20:  329    30      100
   15:  391    33      108
   10:  357    24       93
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

It was great propagation from this QTH.  160 was a little sparse but anything we
could hear we worked. 15 just kept yielding contacts.  S&P were netting Q's
almost as fast as CQing on most bands.  We just couldn't make that DXCC count on
10 though.

We had the pleasure of introducing Phone type contesting in a major contest to
our two newest ops, KC3VBH and KC3WNF for the first time and they did an
outstanding effort increasing our over all score.  KB3VQC, after driving for
three hours from Philadelphia and arriving at about 00:00z Saturday night and
staying almost until the end put more contacts into our log than any of us.
Well done Zory.  I don't know you do it!

Our two new ops had a great time as did the rest of us and are looking forward
to more contesting.  The food was excellent as usual since N3DPB did most of the
cooking this time!

We had one gremlin that came through the station near the end of the contest and
put one of our K3's into AM mode plus reset all the TX EQ's in that radio to
zero.  That was quickly discovered and corrected. At the same time it put
another K3 on 10 meters into the TEST mode which was corrected when we
determined why the radio was not transmitting on 10 meters only. lol.  Have not
determined exactly what set of button pushes caused either of those conditions
especially in the middle of runs or S&P.

Tnx to all the stations who came back to us and looking forward to contacting
you again.

73 from our team, KB3VQC K0OO KC3VBH KC3WNF W1TRT N3DPB WA3EKL