[3830] CQWW SSB VE3VN M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3vn.fn25@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE3VN M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 14:51:04 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: VE3VN
Operator(s): VE3KG VE3PJ VE3TM VE3VN
Station: VE3VN

Class: M/2 HP
QTH:

  160:  116    10        4
   80:  470    15       58
   40: 1451    26       99
   20: 1586    36      119
   15: 1863    35      116
   10: 1462    32      130
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

This was the first multi-op contest for my station. I had intended to be ready a
few years earlier, but I wanted to have it more fully developed before inviting
others and taking them away from their own stations.  I'm finally ready despite
several remaining quirks.

This was an experiment meant to exercise the station and get the operators
comfortable with it. We could have done better (the raw numbers are telling),
however that was not the point. We can be strategic another time. We casually
set a QSO objective of 6000 and we easily exceeded that.

Our primary objective was to have fun, and that's just what we did. The obvious
tell was how difficult it often was to pry an operator out of the chair after
hours of activity. There were lots of smiles during and after the contest. Most
of the time both stations were running.

There were surprisingly few glitches, RFI or inter-station interference. I was
the least active of the operators so that I would be able to answer questions,
point out which antenna does what and how to turn them and share with the other
operator. There was a lot to deal with. Before the contest he automation
software had to be adapted to multi-PC, two-station operation, new computers
installed, antennas "rotated" from one tower to another, and a new rig
was delivered only one week earlier.

I have a long to-do list to get ready for the next outing. The positive results
of this weekend are very encouraging. My thanks to Dave VE3KG, Greg VE3PJ and
Vlad VE3TM for joining me. If my memory is correct, my first multi-op with Dave
was about 44 years ago.