[3830] CQWW SSB N1LN SO(A)SB15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bemeier@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N1LN SO(A)SB15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 12:04:05 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: SO(A)SB15 HP
QTH: NC

   15:  930    35      116
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

What fantastic conditions for the entire weekend. Entering single band 15 was to
be decided based on a potential Friday night opening to Pacific locations and I
was not disappointed. The band was only open from my QTH for a little over one
hour but what fun with SP. The country and zone count supported the single band
entry. Both Saturday and Sunday mornings opened at 1115 UTC like someone turned
a propagation switch on. The band went from only a few weak EU signals to a full
band with strong signals in about 60 seconds. Finding a run frequency throughout
the contest was difficult, but when found was always rewarding.

Not having the 5 x 5 x 5 stack on 15 was finally felt having heard but not
worked Marshall Isl, Mongolia, Hong Kong, Egypt and India. Probably a few
others, but these stand out. I just could not bust the pileup. The new smaller
antennas worked well and, as desired, require less to no maintenance! Saturday
night I had a nice JA run ending with 69 JAs in the log.

Sunday was all SP after 1300 UTC as it was time to fire up the old boat anchor
rigs for the CX CW weekend. They are always fun to use and I try to never miss
the CX CW events. Moving from the K4D to a DX-60/HQ129X or HW-104 was an
experience!

Thanks for all the fun, the Qs and repeats.

73,
Bruce N1LN

Rig:
K4D - Acom 2000A