[3830] CQWW SSB IR0A(@IS0JHQ) SOSB80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, is0jhq@outlook.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB IR0A(@IS0JHQ) SOSB80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 09:46:07 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: IR0A
Operator(s): IS0JHQ OK8WW
Station: IS0JHQ

Class: SOSB80 HP
QTH: Sorso
Operating Time (hrs): 29h06m

  160:
   80: 1456    18       84
------------------------------
Total: 1456    18       84  Total Score = 209,202

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

CQWW SSB 2023 is over. This time I used FLEX6500 for the first time in the
contest on SSB. Great radio, I just messed up the operation sometimes. FLEX has
4 RX...too bad I only have two ears. I setup a second RX with beverage on USA
the Friday before the contest and it paid off. First night condx not so great,
but the second night after midnight it was a USA pileup (total 268 USA/VE). But
watching the stats with the 2021 log recorded I am dismayed to find that my
losses are increasing dramatically. I find I have a huge problem with the
northern Europe reception. Someone told me this last year but I didn't actually
improve anything. A nice surprise was when ZL7IO called me in the morning with a
great signal (LP). The only serious Murphy visited me quite often. When I
pressed F1 for CQ in Win-Test, about once every 15-20 minutes, instead of
playing, it would start recording, which erased the pre-loaded memory. So I
recorded the memory about 50 times during the whole contest. It was completely
random, I couldn't find any cause. I'll check the Win-Test community. Btw,
that's why I didn't use the voice keyer during the Facebook video. Otherwise it
was generally known that the stations were on the higher bands and when they
close, they QSY to low bands. 80m SSB at that time is a mess. So one had to be
considerate and try to find the fun in contesting and not the stress. Otherwise,
I would like to thank everyone for joining in, all of your made a QSO with me to
have a fun even in the worse conditions and especially my Katerina for her care
and service during the contest. I am looking forward to CQWW CW.