[3830] CQWW SSB ND0C SOAB Classic QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, randysdvm@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB ND0C SOAB Classic QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 01:46:07 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: SOAB QRP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 12:20

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    7     2        2
   40:   37    10       16
   20:   52    19       35
   15:   67    19       40
   10:   50    15       30
------------------------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

This was a part-time effort, working around football games, church activities,
and giving up the station to KE0WPA (my daughter, Kylee) for her own SO QRP
operation.

The conditions Friday evening (local) were poor on the low bands, but some
decent stuff coming in over the pole on 20 and 15.  10 was pretty much closed up
already when the contest started - just some weak Pacific stations coming in.

The first part of Saturday was poor to Europe with Arctic flutter on the
stations I could hear.  I didn't operate much on Sunday morning, but I think
conditions were somewhat improved.  10 was excellent to the Caribbean and South
America during the hour I was on Sunday PM.

I ended up working 64 unique countries in 26 zones, but I had little opportunity
to work a lot of Europe since I couldn't get KE0WPA out of the chair!

The pile-up behavior by some stateside callers was pretty poor: the usual
entitled stations repeatedly calling over the top of the station the DX came
back to.  A few of the big Caribbean stations were among the group of blatant
offenders.  And of course there was the same old frustration with a few DX
stations not IDing - a real issue for those of us not using spotting networks.

Thanks to all the DX operators that pulled me out of the QRM! I appreciate your
patience and persistence!

73,
Randy, ND0C

Yaesu FTdx3000 running 5 watts to Cycle 24 TX38 triband Yagi at 13 meters and
dipoles