[3830] CQWW SSB NJ8J SOAB Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nj8j@benshome.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB NJ8J SOAB Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 00:08:59 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: NJ8J
Operator(s): NJ8J
Station: NJ8J

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 6:34

  160:
   80:   21     4        6
   40:   21     6       13
   20:
   15:   23     9       14
   10:  133    14       43
------------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Icom IC-7300
LDG AT-200Pro II Automatic Antenna tuner
120 ft OCF doublet fed with ladder-line
10 Meter Half-Square
Logger: N1MM+

Put in a few hours.  My left hand isn't fully recovered, but it's enough to be
able to do some contesting logging.

Something seems to be up with the doublet.  It seemed to be working ok when I
got up in the middle of saturday morning and got the 80 and 40 Qs, but later I
found that the tuning became off, and on some bands (80, 20 and 15) SWR was
erratic, which probably means I'm getting sparking somewhere.  This resulted in
most of my Qs being on 10 and 15.  I usually run the doublet on 15, but the LDG
will also tune the half-square on 15, so I was able to get in the 15m Qs.