[3830] CQWW SSB K5WA SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5wa@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K5WA SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 23:26:05 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 30
OpMode: SO2R
Remote Operation

  160:    6     4        6
   80:   32     7       23
   40:  128    20       54
   20:  197    28       74
   15:  269    27       80
   10:  411    25       66
------------------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Too much competition in 5 land to get trounced in the 5th area HP category so
figured I might be less trounced in the LP category.  I set my target at K5FUV's
2022 score.  I think conditions were much better this year than last so not sure
how this will stack up.
Got a reasonable amount of sleep over the weekend and had some fun.  LP is
amazing at times and completely frustrating at times.  Now I need to figure out
why my 160 4SQR died.  All of the sudden, it has no front to back even though
the SWR and dump power are reading great.  It is about 10 years old now and I'll
bet relay contacts in the controller have problems due to corrosion or
lightning.  A puzzle for another day.

See you in SS CW next weekend, I hope.

Bob K5WA