[3830] CQWW SSB NS6X SOAB Classic QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ns6x@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB NS6X SOAB Classic QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2023 23:13:16 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: NS6X
Operator(s): NS6X
Station: NS6X

Class: SOAB QRP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: org - big bear camp

------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Used N3FJP software. Didn't see stats for zones/countries per band. Did all
search and pounce with my KX3 at 5 watts. Hadn't planned on the contest. Used
wire and small loop antennas. Couldn't load antenna for 40/80, so worked the
3higher bands. Was actually there for a POTA activation, at the PCT in the San
Bernardino Forest. Glad I decided to work the contest. Forgot how much fun the
big contests can be. Band shut down for me, so ended a bit early. Couldn't get a
signal south. Big mountains in the way, I think. Heard a lot of South America,
but couldn't get the signal to them.
Had great battery power and cell service. No need for the spotting network, as
my little signal wasn't able to contact everyone I heard. Most importantly, it
was fun.