[3830] TBDC K3CCR(N3UM) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, benn3um@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC K3CCR(N3UM) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 01:22:29 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Pre-Stew

Call: K3CCR
Operator(s): N3UM
Station: K3CCR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 7.3

Total:  QSOs = 186  Total Score = 376

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

K3CCR is the club station at the Collington continuing-care
retirement community at FM 18OW in MD, just east of DC. For the
Oct. 2023 Stew Perry, I (N3UM) was the only CW op. I did SOHP.

I hoped to beat the 308 Qs and claimed score of 779 I got the last
time I did Oct. Stew, in 2021. Not even close; I got 0.6 X as many Qs
and 0.48 X the score I got in 2021, in 1.1 X the hours.

At 2118Z start I ran for 51 Qs in 1.25 hrs, 39/hr, then rate died;
a few weak sigs, deep QSB. At start in 2021 I ran for 215 Qs in
3.25 hrs, 66/hr, loud sigs with EUs calling me! 160 M can do that.
Not clear why; Kp had been high, but was OK in test. D layer loss at
SFI =123?

After the 51-Q run I got 98 more Qs in 4 runs, 12 to 34 Qs at 24 to
44/hr, then rates died. S&P was slow; P3 scope would show 10 to 20
good sigs, but all but 4 to 6 would be dupes. I got just 5 Qs worth
6 to 8 pts in NV, MT,& Caribbean grids; most took several minutes of
repeats due to deep QSB.

My last Q and only EU at 0430Z was a DL at 13 pts, very weak.
Doing  CW after none since NAQP was fun, and good practice for SS CW.