[3830] JARTS KG4IGC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] JARTS KG4IGC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2023 22:19:54 +0000
                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest - 2023

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: South Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 17:54

   80:    2     1
   40:   36    16
   20:  148    42
   15:   97    45
   10:   79    43
-------------------
Total:  362   147  Total Score = 126,861

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Worked this contest part time, basically getting on the air during breaks from
yardwork. It's that time of year again and raking leaves is a never ending job
it seems. I spent my time on air primarily in the mornings and off and on
throughout the day. Most of my time was spent on 20, 15, and 10 meters of which
is where I found most of the DX stations in EU & South America. My best
contact this year was with a DX-pedition that I was totally unaware of, T2C (a
German team in Tuvalu). As much as I hate to admit, I had never heard of this
island and had to look it up to see where it was located. I did quite a bit of
listening because the RTTY print was barely coming through. I could never seem
to catch the guys age when he sent the report. Well, obviously, there was no age
in the report because they were not competing in the JARTS contest. When I did
finally contact T2C, the op was kind enough to send NO Number which explained
why I couldn't print it in the report. I tried something new with the hex, since
I have no rotor I usually just point in the general direction of the DX that I
want to work. Since I was having a hard time with T2C, I tried N1MM's
recommendation of the compass degrees for short path 269 degrees and that is
when I started to get better print on T2C even though it was still a very weak
signal and the print was garbled. I also noticed that I was able to work a
number of JA's with that beam heading, I usually have the hex set at about 355
degrees to try and shoot over the poles for JA. The only other Asia that I
worked that I am aware of was Cyprus and Asiatic Turkey (Middle East?) I tried
several times to run on all bands, but due to mediocre band conditions I didn't
do well with EU. I did have a couple of good runs on 10 & 15 meters, but
mostly stateside and Canada. We had thunderstorms come though Saturday afternoon
& evening so had to shut down and unplug everything. I Got on Sunday around
4 AM hoping to work some 40 & 80 meters, but the bands were pretty much dead
until greyline when 20 & 15 opened. Worked fellow Swamp Foxes K7OM Ted &
N4IQ Bill.

Rig: Yaesu FT-DX3000 with an SDRPlay for Panadapter
PWR: 5-100 Watts
ANTS:272 foot horizontal Loop at 25 feet, 2X Super Loops for 20 & 40 meters
at 25 feet, NA4RR Hex Antenna at 20 feet , Maco V/58 for 10 meters at 30 feet,
& a Ground mounted Gap Challenger

Live in South Carolina and enjoy contesting? Check out SC\\\'s premier
contesting club! www.swampfoxcontestgroup.com
Send com