[3830] NyQP N8II SOMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, HARTLEY145@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NyQP N8II SOMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 21:13:19 +0000
                    New York QSO Party - 2023

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: WV

  160:    1      0
   80:   46     40
   40:   70    116
   20:   50     10
   15:   18      0
----------------------------
Total:  185    166      0  Mults = 53  Total Score = 28,567

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I have worked all 47 QP's this year, yay! Band conditions were noticeably better
than 2022 especially before October 22. Long skip on 40 never seemed to be an
issue this year. 20M was better or excellent to many more states in the East. 15
and 10M were quite underutilized especially on SSB. 75M in particular and 80M
suffered from 40 being open to almost everywhere at night.

Activity was much higher in WNY and NNY than ENY. Two of the most active mobiles
covered WNY, K2QO and N2CU while K2UA was mostly in NNY. I missed K2UA more than
I should have, but don't think he would have helped my mult total in his
counties I missed. The only WNY county missed was ORL; in ENY I missed BRX, QUE,
ROC, DEL, WAS, and SCH. I heard a Bronx op working VE3 saying "This is my
first QSO in the party" late in the game. The only very active ENY counties
were RIC, SUF, and DUT.
Congrats to Tom, N2CU for having a mobile antenna good enough to be heard well
on 20M and 15M backscatter. He always picked me up quickly!

20M was open to all of NY briefly in the 17Z hour and for many hours was open
well
to NNY and northern WNY. The scatter was so good on 20, that scatter QSO's were
mostly easy. 40M was rock solid to all of NY all day well into the evening; it
was the bread and butter band from here. 80 was open by 22Z. Running on 40 SSB
was good through about 20Z, but after 21Z was not productive. I guess I had
worked most of the available ops.

Many thanks to the mobiles and the few county line stations for a lot of QSO's
and some mults. I think this might be a personal best, but have done much better
on mults. Thanks to all for the QSO's.

73, Jeff