[3830] IlQP KA9FZR Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IlQP KA9FZR Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 02:56:24 +0000
                    Illinois QSO Party - 2023

Call: KA9FZR
Operator(s): KA9FZR AA9RK WO9B
Station: KA9FZR

Class: Mobile LP
QTH: Mobile
Operating Time (hrs): 3:53

   40:    171
   20:    166
------------------------
Total:    337       0  Mults = 68  Total Score = 45,832

The KA9FZR team left Wisconsin behind for the day and went mobile for about four
hours through eight counties in northern Illinois.  We visited LAKE, COOK, KANE,
DEKA, OGLE, WBGO, BOON, MCHE, and back to LAKE before heading home.  20 meters
and 40 meters both ran hot and cold, but one of the best runs we had was in a
Love's parking lot in OGLE while we switched operators.  Go figure.

Downsides were being unable to self-spot and having a twitchy hotspot connection
that couldn't sustain two computers at once.  Upsides were hearing lots of
familiar calls, and getting to work lots of great ops on multiple bands and from
multiple counties.  We hope to put the team back together for the Wisconsin QSO
Party in March, and then Illinois again next October.