[3830] NyQP W2LCQ SOMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2lcq@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NyQP W2LCQ SOMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2023 01:27:35 +0000
                    New York QSO Party - 2023

Call: W2LCQ
Operator(s): W2LCQ
Station: W2LCQ

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: NYC-LI

   40:  155     12
----------------------------
Total:  155     12     167  Mults = 59  Total Score = 18,998

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

As Bud predicted condx were terrific. I was getting Info window reports in the
20-30 db range from the skimmers. Ran most of the contest at 27 wpm. I am
getting used to this but still not comfortable with ESM. Thanks to Dave k2XR for
his help with this. Made some SSB calls but do not understand the attraction of
Voice. It has its own challenges but seems boring to me. I think the pinnacle of
ham radio is CW contesting, nothing else comes close. I worked a bunch of VEs
and most of the EAST, South and Midwest. 2 Oklahoma stations called me back to
back and I worked 1 DX Station OM2VL who I have in the log many times with his
QSL card. Overall a very fun contest. I enjoyed giving guys a Manhattan New York
County QSO. One guy thought I was mobile and didn't believe I was working from a
fixed QTH!