[3830] TBDC VA1RST Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC VA1RST Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 16:18:24 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Pre-Stew

Call: VA1RST
Operator(s): VA1RST
Station: VA1RST

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Nova Scotia
Operating Time (hrs): 2:11

Total:  QSOs = 53  Total Score = 218

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks for the Q's! I was not able to get into the shack until just before 0300
UTC. Worked the available stations with a very brief Atlantic crossing for an
LY2 and LY7 around 0420, a small run and then no takers as the band went flat at
this QTH.  Came back on at 0600 and managed an LC9 and MD2, closing out at 0640.
I think lot of the usual suspects were doing the WAG!  Just about the same Q and
score total as last year. Fun, nonetheless. RX was on the 200' BOG almost 100%
with TX on the dependable K2AV inverted L over FCP. Rig was a K3s feeding a
Palstar LA-1K to 600 watts. Hope to see everyone on the Big Stew with a new UMS
Bevflex-4x reversible coax 225' BOG. That should improve the RX situation into
NA and who knows, into EU as well, with less noise.  Maybe even my classic
NCL-2000 will be back on, steady as a brick, at 750 watts for that one. It is
undergoing some serious renovations.

CU then, 73, Roger VA1RST