[3830] PaQP N8II SOMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, HARTLEY145@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] PaQP N8II SOMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 16:18:42 +0000
                    Pennsylvania QSO Party - 2023

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: WV

  160:    4      0
   80:   53    110
   40:   84    231
   20:   37     13
   15:   11      2
   10:    3      1
--------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Score includes 1600 bonus points, 5 Q's with KA3EEO, thanks!

Conditions were truly about the best I can ever remember in a PAQP. A few
stations in NE PA were not skipping over on 20 such as K3WJV and N2CU/M at
times. The backscatter was strong on 20 best to the W/SW most of the time, but
when PA was beaming EU about 60 degrees was better. A few scatter signals on 15M
were loud too, K3CT and N0QQ come to mind. QRN limited my ability to hear the
weakest, but I heard K3ATO/QRP several times on 20 CW and worked N2CU/M on
scatter. 40 was solid into all areas of PA all day Sunday and well into the
evening Saturday until at least 0230Z. By 22Z signals on 80M were good and only
got better, only a few really weak PA were heard, most S9 or better. 160 was
okay, low noise, also low activity.

I had some good runs on 75 and 40M phone, not many run Q's on CW. No one hour
was at a high rate, best was first with 48, but better than 40/hr. in 17Z,18,20,
and 22-00Z hours. I finished Saturday with about 408 Q's. Sunday was a slog, I
took off some time in the afternoon, not missing much I would think.

The county activity was quite strange, some usually easy counties were tough. I
was worried that the 2 closest counties to me would not be found Sunday,
Franklin and Fulton. Franklin has plenty of hams but not many were active.
Thanks to K3ARL/R for first FUL and FRA Sunday morning on 40 SSB. I then caught
K8RYU for Juniata (easy past couple of years) and N2CU/M from Cameron on 40 CW
for the sweep at 1824Z. Many thanks to all of the rover, mobile, and county line
stations! Tom, N2CU was close to NR 1000 the last time we worked! Armstrong,
Montour, and Jefferson (the usual toughies) were all well represented, amazingly
so. I have never worked nearly so many from ARM and MTR. I worked all counties
at least twice I think, for sure the last five.

This was much more enjoyable than taking the back seat last weekend. Kudos to
most PA ops for clean SSB signals with good audio. SSB activity was excellent on
40 (231 Q's) and decent on 75M. Many thanks to all who called (a huge number of
generals with KC3 prefixes) and those who picked me out of the pile ups or
noise.

73, Jeff