[3830] SAC SSB KA1IS SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tkzic@megalink.net
Subject: [3830] SAC SSB KA1IS SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2023 18:01:43 +0000
                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, SSB - 2023

Call: KA1IS
Operator(s): KA1IS
Station: KA1IS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Norway, Maine, USA
Operating Time (hrs): 10:39

   80:    7     5
   40:   58    26
   20:   78    32
   15:   84    32
   10:   96    31
-------------------
Total:  323   126  Total Score = 57,078

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to all the Scandinavian ops. Top notch contesters who also make time for
kind words of encouragement along the way. I don't operate SSB often. It was
great to hear your voices.

10 meters has been phenomenal this month. Can't remember the last time it was my
best band in a contest. Loud signals, not much QSB. 80 meters, on the other
hand, was difficult. I think a strategy for Scandinavian stations on low bands
was to work mostly Europe. Also many times on high bands, I was hearing
Scandinavian stations off the side of their antennas. Definitely helped to use
maximum power on this end.

Worked many stations on all 5 bands, including TF3T. Also JW5X on 4 bands.
Brought back memories of 2022 WAE CW at the awesome JW5E club station.

Lots of contests going on at the same time this weekend. Eclipse contest, QSO
parties. Also big DXpeditions. Made for confusing cross talk. But always happy
to hear activity on HF these days.

QTH: summit of Witt hill in Norway, Maine.
Antennas:
80: low inverted V - with Beverage
40-15: 4 el. wire beams at about 45 ft.
10: tree suspended 3 el. Cushcraft at about 30 ft.

Skookumlogger logging software by K1GQ.

Note: 3830 Score grid shows actual QSO's and multipliers, not bonus.

73
Tom
KA1IS