[3830] ICWC MST N3RTW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ICWC MST N3RTW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2023 19:59:36 +0000
                    ICWC Medium Speed Test - 1900Z Oct 9

Call: N3RTW
Operator(s): N3RTW
Station: N3RTW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FM18
Operating Time (hrs): 0.3

Total:  28  Mults = 28  Total Score = 784

Club: Long Island CW Club

Comments:

KX2, OCF, 100W

I got the KXPA100 100W amp today so tried to get my KX2 on the air. Quickly
realized "no panadapter makes S&P less fun" so called CQ for a
bit. For some reason my logger would send the pouncer's call sign with a ton of
space in between each letter, so I had to switch to manually keying the call,
which was more task switching than I wanted. Poked around at some settings only
to have my frequency taken over.

So I went and made coffee, restarted the logger, and the problem went away.
Found a clear frequency and called again. Had some pileups and did fairly well.
Not "got the full call every time" but "got the full call most of
the time and enough of the call the other times"

I absolutely love this KX-2, it sounds better than my IC-7300. But I'm not
shelling out for a new radio or panadapter :P