[3830] CaQP K6VO(K6NR) SO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6nr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP K6VO(K6NR) SO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2023 18:08:35 +0000
                    California QSO Party - 2023

Call: K6VO
Operator(s): K6NR
Station: K6VO

Class: SO HP
QTH: CA

  160:    38     8
   80:   116     7
   40:   216     1
   20:   325    74
   15:   338   177
   10:   293   140
--------------------
Total:  1326   407  Mults = 60  Total Score = 277,936

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Great contest as always, further enhanced by the excellent
conditions. 10 meters was open most of the day to much of the United
States and to Europe. Some Eu stations were stronger than stateside.
Downside of the good DX conditions was coming across folks that
did not know how to provide a serial number. I ended up working them
and marking them as unclaimed. 10 and 15 were great, 20 and 40 were
good, and 80 and 160 were not too noisey.

I worked more SSB than usual, with some good runs on 10 and 15 that
were a lot of fun. However, I have the vocal apparatus of a CW
operator and tired easy. I have never enjoyed finding an open spot
to call CQ on 20 or 40 SSB. Great to return to CW after each SSB
attempt.

138 DX stations in the log this time, at least twice the norm.
Topping the list of most active states/provinces were Ontario(106
contacts), Tennessee(95), Minnesota(87), Pennsylvania(74) and
Florida(68). I worked 895 unique stations, 62 five or more times
each. KL7RA, NR4L and W7WA topped the list at 8 QSOs each.

To beat the traffic, I left my desert station before the contest was
over and drove home. I operated the last hour remotely.

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs.  73, Dana

Station: Elecraft K4, KPA1500, running about 700 Watts
Antennas: 160m inverted L over 70 radials, 80m top loaded vertical
over those same radials, 40 meter 4 square, 20 meter 4 element yagi
at 55', 5 element 15 meter yagi at 49', 5 element 10 meter yagi at
48', A3 tribander at 40' for quick direction changes.