[3830] CaQP VA1RST SO(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP VA1RST SO(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2023 23:31:49 +0000
                    California QSO Party - 2023

Call: VA1RST
Operator(s): VA1RST
Station: VA1RST

Class: SO(A) HP
QTH: Nova Scotia
Operating Time (hrs): 8:15

  160:
   80:    1      0
   40:   23      0
   20:   71     18
   15:   62      0
   10:   48      0
--------------------
Total:  205     18  Mults = 54  Total Score = 35,154

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks for the Q's. A really interesting contest from 4 times zones east!

I negotiated Saturday and Sunday until noon (ADT) for operating time, I see now
that was a strategic error. A good learning for best use of propagation.

On Sat, 20 to 15 to 10 and then back to 15, then 20 into the evening. 40 did not
yield what I thought and 80 was dismal. There was a lot of offshore lightening
from the approaching tropical depression Phillipe that effected both 40 and 80.
Nothing on 160 other than a quick QSO with Karel OK1CF! non CA QP.

I found my microphone for 18 USB Q's on 20 when the going got slow. I found a
lot of CW guys doing the same thing! Glad to add the NS province to a few logs,
some multi band. CU all next year!

K3s, Palstar LA-1K, 2 el SteppIR, 2 el 40m vertical array, SAL20.

73, Roger VA1RST, Urban Halifax