[3830] CaQP K7RL SO(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP K7RL SO(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2023 22:49:39 +0000
                    California QSO Party - 2023

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: SO(A) HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 17.2
OpMode: SO2R

  160:    7      0
   80:   46     10
   40:   79     69
   20:  126    356
   15:   70     48
   10:   54      5
--------------------

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Comments:

The CQP is always a fun one. Great work by the organizers - every county seemed
well represented. Had 57 mults in about five hours, then finally found N7AUE/6
on the LASS/SIER line in hour #8 for the sweep.

Nice to have the high bands open, even if propagation didn't favor Washington. I
was never able to run on CW. All of the CA CW ops were busy running, and very
few casual operators touched CW. Different story on 20m SSB, where the majority
of my Qs were casual operators. Lots of low numbers.

20m was good to all points in CA the entire weekend. 15m opened directly to
southern CA, but central and northern CA were backscatter, and I was only able
to work stations pointed while east or west towards JA. 10m was never direct,
only backscatter. Still, there were some amazingly loud signals on that path.

Thanks to all for the Qs.

73, Mitch, K7RL