[3830] CaQP WD6T SO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP WD6T SO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2023 22:21:26 +0000
                    California QSO Party - 2023

Call: WD6T
Operator(s): WD6T
Station: WD6T

Class: SO HP
QTH: ALAM
Operating Time (hrs): 2:33

   20:  125     48
--------------------
Total:  287     48  Mults = 50  Total Score = 47,700

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I was 40m CW op at N6O@N6RO last night, but got on from my home station for the
last 2.5 hours to serve as fresh meat for the hungry.

I felt LOUD (rare from here in that direction), even on SSB... Either condx were
great, or this was just the CQP reality distortion enhancement vortex.

Only bump in the road was when I kept being called on 15 by completely deaf
stations... moved a bit... same thing... huh? Oh... they were calling DX,
operating split.  Rookie mistake on my part... I moved up the band and life was
good again.

CW rates were good, but I wanted to try phone so jumped on in last 15 minutes.
 Glad I did.... what's not to like about 240 rates? Then the clock struck 3, the
mouse ran down, etc.

Missed a few states: MS, WY, NE, RI, and all VEs except AB,BC,NB,ON and YT.  Not
bad for a short stint.

Thanks to a those who spotted me, esp. on phone (KI6RRN/KL7, especially...
though I never did get WY).

73,
Dave WD6T