[3830] CaQP NT6V M/2 CntyExp Cnty1DayExp LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP NT6V M/2 CntyExp Cnty1DayExp LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2023 18:42:00 +0000
                    California QSO Party - 2023

Call: NT6V
Operator(s): NT6V AF6DR
Station: NT6V

Class: M/2 LP
Class Overlay: CntyExp Cnty1DayExp
QTH: NAPA

  160:     0    0
   80:   104    0
   40:   224    0
   20:   294    0
   15:   263    0
   10:   165    0
--------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

One-day (Saturday) County Expedition to Napa County operated by Dirk AF6DR and
Michael NT6V.

Antennas: Hustler 6-BTV, Fan dipole @ 60 ft.
Equipment: IC7300, Elecraft K3, VA6AM filters
QTH: City of Napa, Napa County, right on the Napa River.

It was our first multi-op activity from this location during CQP and we decided
to go into the new M/2 category. All worked flawlessly and we had no
interstation interference. The bands were in excellent shape and despite low
power and simple antennas we logged even a few EUs on 40-10m. All US States were
worked and Canadian provinces up to 61 mults (with 58 counting). Initially we
had a goal of 500 QSOs which we kept pushing as things went well. 2 years ago I
operated with the same antenna at the same location as SO/high power and managed
around 1060 QSOs. Clearly we are very happy with almost the same number of QSOs
in just 12h and low power. We also had a lot of fun and took a total of 1.5h
breaks for lunch and dinner.

Special shoutout to CQP Chair Dean N6DE who brought CQP and lack of CW activity
from Napa to my attention. On short notice we made plans to activate. Dean also
drove to my home in Kensington to drop of the K3 and filters so we could do more
QSOs as M/2.

73, Michael NT6V