[3830] 432FallSprnt NV4B/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt4xa@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] 432FallSprnt NV4B/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2023 16:07:52 +0000
                    432 MHz Fall Sprint - 2023

Call: NV4B/R
Operator(s): NV4B
Station: NV4B/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: TN/GA/AL

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

I operated for 30 minutes at he start from Raccoon Mountain, EM75ha in
Chattanooga, then drove to Lookout Mountain, EM74gv to operate for around 45
minutes before driving to the EM63/64/73/74 grid corner in Gadsden.  I did not
have an optimal setup at EM74gv thanks to a camper parked across all of the best
parking spaces at the scenic overlook, but I don't think I lost any QSOs because
of it.

The 432 Sprints always have less activity in the Southeast due to church
activities on Wednesday nights, and this one was no exception with only two
stations (K4CNY/R and K4QF) in Alabama active.  Activity was otherwise spotty
with several stations only getting on for a few minutes, making a handful of
contacts, and quitting.

Best DX was NT4RT (EM94lv) with a nice CW signal worked from EM74gv, 250 mi.

Mode breakdown:
SSB 17
FT8 9
CW 2

Rig:  ICOM IC-9700 at 75W
Antennas:  Efactor dual-band loop (in motion), 15-element DSE rover Yagi
(stopped)