[3830] 432FallSprnt K1TEO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 432FallSprnt K1TEO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2023 15:24:39 +0000
                    432 MHz Fall Sprint - 2023

Call: K1TEO
Operator(s): K1TEO
Station: K1TEO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31/CT
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

Total:  QSOs = 81  Mults = 36  Total Score = 2,916

Been a long time since we've had tropo in any contest full or sprint. Hepburn
late last week showed a great opening for Weds night perhaps all the way to
Florida from New England. As often happens, the prediction got less and less
exciting as we neared the sprint. Yesterday afternoon it showed mostly
enhancement out to 250 miles to the NE and SW from hr. Listening to the WA4PGI
beacon in FM07 around 45 minutes before the start was hopeful as it was 599 (not
usually hrd hr). As we know Hepburn, while often right is sometimes not and this
was a good example.

At the start there was some enhancement with AA4ZZ worked on SSB and K2CKA in
FM06 louder than usual. AS the evening progressed the enhancement improved quite
a bit with grids beyond normal range worked - EM84,85,86 94,95, 96, 97 and FM05.
Actually worked 3 stations in 95 and 96. Worked SC, TN and GA, all beyond my
normal range. The 432 net on 432.090 every Weds run by W4DEX and others was in
really well. Near the end of the contest they were all s9 or better.

I think there was also enhancement West as VA3IKE was in throughout the evening
even with my antennas off of him. No other stations were heard in Ohio or
Michigan other than K8RYU in EM99, worked on SSB.

Totals were 29 on FT8 and 52 on SSB/CW. Several of the FT8 QSO's were locals
that could easily be worked on SSB/CW but we just caught each other on Digital
first.

I should be on a bit for the Microwave sprint Saturday AM though the weather
isn't looking too good. Tnx for the Q's, to the sponsors and to Mother Nature
for making it an interesting evening.

Jeff K1TEO