[3830] 432FallSprnt W1DYJ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb.w1dyj@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] 432FallSprnt W1DYJ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2023 13:26:04 +0000
                    432 MHz Fall Sprint - 2023

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN42
Operating Time (hrs): 1:48

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

My original 22-year-old TS-2000 recently failed.  Luckily I was able
to purchased a "new" one from K1TTT who was switching to a different
brand.  (Yes, I am still waiting for Kenwood to come out with a
9700 clone.) This was much easier than switching brands, changing
I/Os, learning new menus, etc.  This was a "shake-down" of this
2-year-younger "new-to-me" rig.

I spent a lot of time with the manual resetting a number of settings
to my preferences.  Active (S&P) from 7pm to a bit after 8 on CW/PH,
I then switched to FT8 for a bit, then took a one-hour break to work
on some other ham radio projects.  At 9:30 I spent another half-hour
looking around on all three modes and heard no one new.

But it was fun to be back on 432.
Qs:  CW-1 / PH-3 / FT8-5 -- Grids-6 >> Score = 60

Rig: A 20 year-old TS-2000
Antenna: M^2 440-18  @33'
Actul BIC operating time: 1:48

Larry / W1DYJ