[3830] 222FallSprnt N2SLN(@N2SLN/P) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 222FallSprnt N2SLN(@N2SLN/P) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 11:35:49 +0000
                    222 MHz Fall Sprint - 2023

Call: N2SLN
Operator(s): N2SLN
Station: N2SLN/P

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN22
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

I now have a second bandpass filter on the 222 station, but it was no match for
the interference coming from one of the equipment buildings to the east on my
hilltop of choice. It was less bad in other directions, but still bad, so I
thought I would try to survive and apologize later rather than give up. That was
the right decision, as I had the best result since 2017, and more QSOs and grids
than in the fall 2m Sprint. No rain or wind, either. Running about 200w into a
10-el Yagi. Best DX was Ohio station K8RYU (413 mi / 665 km) for the second fall
sprint in a row. I also worked FN24 for a second consecutive sprint. Twenty
contacts in the first hour was a lot of fun and looks like an all-time record
for me. Overall this was my 2nd best result since I started participating in
this event in 2005.