[3830] CQ WW RTTY KG4IGC SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY KG4IGC SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 22:55:26 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY - 2023

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: South Carolina
Operating Time (hrs): 26:33

   80:   22       15       5     5
   40:  144       36      24     9
   20:  248       45      44    16
   15:  133       25      48    19
   10:  100       13      42    18
------------------------------------
Total:  647      134     163    67  Total Score = 444,808

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

What a fantastic contest this was this year! Could not have asked for better
band conditions. 10-20 meters were slam full of RTTY stations from around the
world, more than I think I have ever seen at one time. The only part of the
world that I personally did not see much of on any band was Asia. I was really
hoping for a good opening to Asia but unfortunetely, it only came in dribs and
drabs for my little corner of the world. I did however hear some pretty cool
Middle East stations out of Saudi Arabia & Mali and surprisingly worked TA7I
in Asiatic Turkey on 10 meters 1258 GMT Saturday. Most of the good action was on
the higher bands but i did fairly well on 40 meters when the band was open in
the evenings.80 was noisy but did get a couple of DX stations Friday night.

 Worked fellow Swamp Foxes K7OM Ted, NU4E Matt, both stations were 599 + about
20 over. I saw WB4HRL Ed a couple of times but I think he was S&Ping, and
also saw superstation Bill N4IQ spotted several times but only heard hime twice
and surprisingly way down in the noise. I have to say, watching Bill & Matt
go at it on the scoreboard is a treat to watch. I am utterly in awe how quickly
their Q's and scores go up. I sure wish I knew some of their secrets outside of
the SO2R, high power, & great antennas. What I am seeing is pure SKILL and
it is awesome! Even though he wasent in this contest, Kevan N4XL is another
HIGHLY skilled operator and fun to watch.

As for me, I set my sights this year on a new worthy opponant, Bill N1UZ. Man
Bill made me work hard this year but you know what? I really enjoyed the push
that he gave me to do better at BIC and the notion to sort out a new battle plan
so that I could get my score & Q count up. I don't know what the problem was
but I had a really hard time getting a run into EU this year. I called and
called but only managed a low rate each time. I used some of the knowledge that
I obtained from N4XL and only ran for about 10 minutes at a time. If things
didn't pick up and take off, I went back to S&P to get that rate back up. My
best rate according to N1MM was on 2023-09-23 -3.0 per minute (1 minute(s)), 180
per hour. I still have some things to figure out statagy wise, after all I
obviously need a new way of doing things if I want to be a better and more
skilled operator.

Murphy only struck twice this time, once N1MM locked up my rig in the middle of
a run so had to reboot the PC and shut down the rig & power supply so that I
could drop the com ports. The other time I shut my rig off to go get some sleep
but left the power supplies on hoping that all I would have to do was turn on
the rig and go the next morning. Well, it didn't work out that way. I am using
Win4Yaesu and com2com virtual serial ports and I guess when I shut the rig down
Win4Yaesu didn't like that so had to reboot the PC again to get all my programs
on the same page again. In closing, I want to thank all the stations out there
that took the time to pull out my peanut whistle diddles, I saw quite a bit of
patience and good sportsmanship out there this year which made the contest very
enjoyable. See you all in the next contest, 73!

Rig: Yaesu FT-DX3000 with an SDRPlay for Panadapter
PWR: 5-100 Watts
ANTS:272 foot horizontal Loop at 25 feet, 2X Super Loops for 20 & 40 meters
at 25 feet, NA4RR Hex Antenna at 20 feet , Maco V/58 for 10 meters at 30 feet,
& a Ground mounted Gap Challenger

Live in South Carolina and enjoy contesting? Check out SC\\\'s premier
contesting club! www.swampfoxcontestgroup.com
Send com