[3830] TxQP N4CD SO CW Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP N4CD SO CW Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2023 19:48:55 +0000
                    Texas QSO Party - 2023

Call: N4CD
Operator(s): N4CD
Station: N4CD

Class: SO CW Mobile LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  324     0       0  Mults = 58  Total Score = 64,376

One day trip to get some unclaimed counties - southwest of my QTH.   Ran 8
counties including SOME, BOSQ, HAMI and back around through HILL, JOHN, ELLI,
DALS, COLN.   Mostly 20M and 40M.  Checked 15 but didn't get much action there
so skipped it later.  All CW.

Rig IC-7100 and Hamsticks on 4 magnet mount on roof of Malibu.   Decent weather
except in Bosque County where it rained end to end and two county lines.

Not out to set records - just stop to run counties.  First stop was Dinosaur
Valley State Park in SOME.  Real dino tracks you can see in the shallow river
water.   A bit out of the way, but I do both parks and state QSOs together these
days.   Then on to

 Worked a few in IA QP but they didn't want to listen for my counties - hihi -
to busy themselves.  Got a few SR ones (WA) and NJ.  Didn't go out Sunday.

Looks like over 159 of the 154 counties made it on the air.  Sure missed that
'panhandle' mobile from KS as most there went un-run.   Not much action in SW
Texas either - long distances between counties there - 50-100 mile type
distances.

Missed a lot of states (west coast - UT, WY, NV, MT ND, SD) , ME, AK, HI). Just
out 8 hours this trip.

Would be nice if , like KS, mobiles picked /got assigned frequencies and FIXED
stations couldn't operate calling CQ below 040.   Real mess at times knowing who
was on what frequency and not colliding.  Did not hear mobiles at all on 20M.
Several times called CQ for minutes - moving around trying to find an unoccupied
frequency in cw segment.

Paper logs - don't do computer in car - all hand sent cw.

29 states. 22 TX counties, 4 VEs,  3 DX.   8000 bonus points for running 8
counties.

73 de N4CD