[3830] TxQP N8II SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, HARTLEY145@concast.net
Subject: [3830] TxQP N8II SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 20:50:23 +0000
                    Texas QSO Party - 2023

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 14.5

  160:
   80:    2      0
   40:   23      2
   20:  122     77
   15:   60     12
   10:    5      6
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  212     97      0  Mults = 140  Total Score = 126,340

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I had some trouble keeping focus on Saturday, could not find as much 20M CW
mobile activity as I knew was there. 15 meters was open most of the day time to
TX, disappointing activity, especially on SSB. 20M signals went fairly weak from
16-20Z Saturday, some drop out Sunday as well. Running on 20M SSB was mostly not
that productive, hard to find a clear frequency at times among all of the QP's,
POTA, and Rt. 66 activity. I think 77 Q's on 20 SSB is one of my lowest ever
totals. When 20 was open well in the evening, not much was there from TX.
Briefly Sunday AM, 10M was wide open to most of TX, I ran 3 new counties on 10
SSB.

5 QP's including TX are about 3 to 4 too many! It would be much better to move
to 2nd weekend of September. Also, why not make it easier and credit 100 bonus
points for each mobile worked in a new county vs. 500 for 5? I missed another
500 points by one county with 2 mobiles.

The mobile activity was its usual decent for the TXQP. Thanks for those 15M Q's
from those who ventured there. Many thanks to all who put in those long miles
some driving a long distance like AD4EB just to get to the TX border. By the
numbers, QSO's/counties worked: AD4EB 30/25, W5CT 26/23, N5NA 22/17, KI5MM
12/12, K5PS 14/14, WB0TEV 9/9, K5CM 28/9, K5EC 8/8, N4CD 5/5, K5ZZR 3.

It looks like 4th place is the highest I will place, not bad for 100W only.
Thanks for all of the QSO's, much more interesting than the SR with only 39
counties. Both last too long to suit me. Thanks for the QSO's.

73, Jeff N8II