[3830] CWopsT KK0U Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT KK0U Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 14:06:54 +0000
                    CWops Test (CWT) - 1300Z Sep 20

Call: KK0U
Operator(s): KK0U
Station: KK0U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MO

Total:  64  Mults = 63  Total Score = 4,032

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

It started off great -- SnP in the high part of 40m, knocking a QSO down about
every 20 seconds. . .

Then it all went to heck, real fast, real thoroughly.  It was like someone threw
a wet blanket over my dipole.  No one could hear me, and stations I normally
hear were pretty weak.

Ok, the A index is 40+.  But it still seems weird. . .

I was ready to throw the towel in, KC7V couldn't copy me over multiple tries
(usually that's a sure thing).  Check my power . . . TEN WATTS. I had it turned
down for working POTA stations the other day!  ARGH!

FUN FACT: When the K3 is turned down below 12W power, your output reads FULL
BARS (100+) on the digital display.  So while I'd check my power output and SWR
from time to time (why am I not getting out?) it all looked good.

Good grief.

So, with 20 minutes left to go in the old test I cranked it up to 100W and ran
for a bit on a dying 40m band.  Then, moved to 20m for a bit and gleaned
whatever I could there.

It must be Monday.

73, thanks for the fun, see you at 1900Z!

73, Jim KK0U