[3830] ARRL 10G+ VA3ELE 10G Plus

To: 3830@contesting.com, va3ele@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10G+ VA3ELE 10G Plus
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 03:24:44 +0000
                    ARRL 10 GHz and Up Contest - 2023

Call: VA3ELE
Operator(s): VA3ELE
Station: VA3ELE

Class: 10G Plus HP
QTH: GH
Operating Time (hrs): 24
OpMode: SO2R

  10G:        57            49722
  24G:        14             5928
  47G:         6             3183
  75G:         1                4
 123G:         1                5
 134G:
 241G:
Light:
-------------------------------------
Total:        79            58842  Total Score = 66,742

Club: Ontario VHF Association

Team:

Comments:

This by far is my favorite contest as of recent years!
Great travelling company with Rene VE2UG, Hugh VA3TO and Neil VE3SST. Of course
its always great to hear familiar voices from the other end of the QSO. It
seemed we were missing quite a few ops during many parts of the contest and I
even kept telling myself we will take it easy this time around. Really, we
did... no last minute calls were made at 1159pm on  either Saturday or Sunday of
both weekends hi.
Conditions were pretty nice in August, we made some decent distance with huge
signals, but the Saturday of September was just awful. Contacts that were made
most previous years were impossible, but things turned around on Sunday and we
did a major catch-up. Saturday only netted a whole 30QSOs over a span of 10
hours of operating time in 4 different sites. Sunday was about another 10 hours
from 3 sites.

Thanks everyone for all the QSOs and I think the change in scoring is a good
thing. I should bring in a few new ops into the bands above 10GHz.

GEAR:
10GHz - Kuhne TVTR - 23w 24" dish
24GHz - Kuhne TVTR - 2w 24" dish
47GHz - Kuhne TVTR - 1.2w 24" dish
78GHz - Kuhne TVTR - 310mw open Waveguide
122GHz - AU TVTR - 21dbi horn

73 de Peter VA3ELE